GT6 questions ...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 questions ...
From: Michael Bayrock <mbrock@gov.nt.ca>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 94 22:02:59 MDT
[lurk mode off]

Hello all.

I have been watching the activity on the list for about a month and
really enjoying (!) the trials and tribulations you (collectively)
are expoeriencing.

I own a GT6+, upon which I have installed a Spitfire 1500 body.  It is
currently in storage in the sunny and warm climes of Vancouver while I
work away in Yellowknife.

Anyway, (to get to the point) I saw two GT6 questions that I have not
seen answered.  (at last, a chance to get involved!)

re: GT6 emergency brake cables - my GT6+ had brackets welded to the body,
    one on either side of the drive shaft tunnel.  Spitfires have similar
    brackets, but they are attached to the frame at about the same place.
    The brackets are easy (yeah, right) to cut from the body and to bolt
    onto the spitfire body in the same place.

re: GT6 pistons - I missed the beginning thread.  If you need some standard
    sized pistons for a GT6, I have some in my parts bin.  (however, the
    parts bin is 3000 mles away from where I am)  If you can't get some
    anywhere else, give me a shout.

    BTW, have you tried looking at TR6 pistons?  My understanding is that
    the TR6 and GT6 engines are *almost* identical, and the only difference
    between the early models is that the TR6 was stroked to get the extra
    500cc.  Later GT6 engines also had differences in the head which makes
    intake manifold swapping impossible.

Bye for now.

Michael
Michael Bayrock