tires for Lotus elan

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: tires for Lotus elan
From: jziglin@omnifest.uwm.edu (Janice Ziglin)
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 1994 16:41:06 -0500
We have a 1966 Lotus Elan that we are trying to restore.  I'm
looking for advice on tires.  Specifically, if I use a sticky
tire like a Yokohama track tire or a Pirelli P-0 how will these
act in cold weather.  I might be driving on a sunny day in a
Wisconsin winter and don't want to slide off the road.  Also, I
hear the Yokohama picks up stones like crazy and I have a gravel
drive.
        What does anyone know about the Yokohama track tire,
the Pirelli P-0 or the Dunlop SP 8000?  Thanks for any advice
or experience.
Jan Ziglin
jziglin@freenet.uwm.edu