MG Midget Fuel Pump

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MG Midget Fuel Pump
From: Ken Neff <kneff@tivoli.tivoli.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 94 16:24:00 CDT
Among the many non-original piecies on my (still) non-running 1973 MG Midget
is an adjustable electric fuel pump of American origin.  This would be fine,
save for the fact that it has a leak.  One of its diaphragms spews forth
fuel, at high velocity, in the general direction of the differential.  Not
good.

So, my options are:

        1) Order an original fuel pump from VB.
        2) Buy a used fuel pump from Mark Campbell, the local used Britparts
           purveyor.
        3) Buy another American fuel pump (would have to be adjustable, as
           I don't know the required fuel pressure).
        4) Attempt to repair the existing fuel pump, in spite of the fact
           that the leaking part is not dissasemblable.

Do I have any other realistic options?  Opinions?  Are the original fuel pumps
any good?  Are they worth $125 US (VB's price, I believe)?

                                                                Thanks,
                                                                        Ken

--
1990 Corrado                 If it can't kill ya'          Ken Neff
1988 Hawk GT (racebike)        it ain't a sport            Tivoli Systems, Inc.