Re: 1987 Range Rover oil leak

To: pczurkow@cbda9.apgea.army.mil (Paul C. Zurkowski)
Subject: Re: 1987 Range Rover oil leak
From: dhuddles@charm.gandalf.ca (David Huddleson)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 1994 11:09:08 -0400
> Vehicle: 1987 Range Rover,  107,000 miles
> Problem: Oil is leaking in the area of the intake manifold gasket,
>        and pooling on the pan section of the gasket between the
>        heads.  The oil then runs off the back of the block.
>          The oil may be a mix of fluids but appears to have a
>          uniform consistency.  I have tightened the valve covers
>          and retorqued the fore and aft manifold gasket clamps
>        but that has had little effect.

I would think that valve cover gaskets are the likely culpret! Buy a pair
and hopefully the leaks should end. These are not expensive items, about
$US 3.50 each (Roadster Factory price).

David

--
dhuddles@gandalf.ca   David J. Huddleson   Gandalf Data Ltd., Nepean, Ontario
                      (613) 723-6500 Days  (613) 822-1315 Otherwise