Tractor engine reaches new highs!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Tractor engine reaches new highs!
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 94 09:07:16 -0700
I stopped by to visit my engine builder last night after work. He showed me the
dyno printout of his latest Morgan (TR3 & 4) engine....

170 something HP around 5700 RPM!! over 140 torque

He had the tests run twice, once with SUs & once with Webbers.  The curves were
identical untill the mid-3000 RPMs and the SU started slowing down.  The DCOE's
peak HP was about 10 to 15 more than the SUs.  The HP curve was flatish for
about 500 RPM and slowly tapered off to 7000 RPM.  Greg Solow is really learning
how to tune the Triumph four.  That engine is heading East to go into a racing
Morgan.  'Vettes beware.

A few weeks ago, Greg gave me a test ride in a SU carbed engine that was built
the same as mine is going together.  It was the fastest TR3 I had ever been in.
And this is his idea of a reliable duel purpose streetable engine.  That TR3
also had a Huge front sway bar that Greg had designed and had built.  This was
the first test of the latest prototype of a project he had been working on.
After the test ride I mentioned that I had no idea a TR could go around corners
that well. He looked at me, grinned and said neither did he.  I believe he is
going to have a run made of this style.  I also suspect, one will find itself on
my 3 when it goes in to have the DCOEs fine tuned.

Land sakes alive!

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561