TR6 choke cable / clutch master cylinder

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 choke cable / clutch master cylinder
From: Ian Macky <imacky@us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 94 14:30:45 PDT
Me again...

I got an answer from dombey about my choke cable Q: this type cable has
some sort of ball-detent mechanism (which needs tightening) on the back
side of the panel-mount end.  No twist-lock action here apparently.

I haven't checked this out yet, but it sparks a vague memory.  Actually,
my memory thinks it's the heater valve cable that has the ball detents,
but I'll find out tonight and report back.

As far as my emptying clutch master: it was pointed out, correctly, that
LMA brake fluid is the only acceptable DOT 3 brand; others will eat the
natural rubber parts.  Yes, I knew that and do use it exclusively.  It
was also suggested that the bore may have been imperfect and wore out
the seal prematurely.  Various methods of cleaning and honing the bore
were suggested.

Guess I'll make sure it's baby-butt smooth this time before reinstalling...

Thanks everyone!
--ian