Torque wrench, and ZS float

To: "British Cars" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Torque wrench, and ZS float
From: "Rob Reilly" <reilly@admail.fnal.gov>
Date: 14 Apr 1994 13:16:29 -0600
                       Subject:                               Time:1:00 PM
  OFFICE MEMO          Torque wrench, and ZS floats           Date:4/14/94
And Ray wrote:
>This doesn't sound right to me.  Assuming the extension is at right angles
to the handle along the axis of the nut or bolt being torqued, I cannot
see what it would have to do with anything.  I have never seen any other
kind of extension.  Can anyone explain?
   Ray Gibbons

Me: I was puzzled by this statment, too. I am guessing Matt meant a lateral
extension that would offset the torque wrench drive axis from the socket and
nut axis. I've never seen such a thing, but I can imagine it. If this is a
correct interpretation, Matt is right, it would make the torque reading
invalid.

 James TenCate <jtc@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu> wrote:
>Subject: rich Z-S carbs
>     What happens if the float level is off?

Me: Float level is crucial and is one of the first things to do when dealing
with carbs of unknown history. Go with what the book says, assuming you can
figure that out. ;-)
Fortunately, you shouldn't need to do it again for many years.