TR6 choke cable

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 choke cable
From: Peter Kootsookos <Peter.Kootsookos@faceng.anu.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 94 9:38:09 EST
=> My '69 TR6 has the dual braided-type choke cable.  My problem is that this
=> cable doesn't stay out when you pull it out; the return springs pull it
=> completely closed again.  This means two hands to start the car, and you
=> only get 1 to drive while cold (other has to hold the choke open).
=>
=> My question:  Do the solid-wire versions of this cable stay open?  What do
=> the rest of you do?  I can't see how to mod my braided wires since braided
=> wire won't function under compression (unlike the push-pull solid stuff).

Hi Ian,

I believe your problem may be that the return spring for the throttle
adjustment on the choke (one of the wires) may have been replaced by
a suspension spring (well, a spring that is far too stiff for what is
needed).

Ciao,

Peter K.

('72 TR6)