MG reborn

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MG reborn
From: jamesa@dougal.logica.co.uk (James Arnold)
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 94 08:59:13 GMT
Those of you who remember my mail (some time ago now) may be pleased to
hear that my 1970 MG Midget is now a going concern after 4 years slumber.
It has passed its MOT (the UK's annual road worthiness inspection).  The
only major problem I have is that the charging system does not appear
to function.  The charge light does not even dim with the engine running.
I have to admit being distinctly incompetent when it come to car electrics.
I assume that it is probably the dynamo or control box.  The control box
is of the seal variety, but I'm sure I have the technology to unseal it if I
must ;).
Does anyone know which of the two is more likely to not survive 4 years
lack of use or easy instructions on how to test out which has died.
Both parts are available here at reasonable cost.

Thanks
James.