Maybe Good News for MG's

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Maybe Good News for MG's
From: TUSLER%MP050@trenga.tredydev.unisys.com
Date: 11 APR 94 15:08
  When I heard that BMW had bought the rights to MG, my first reaction
was "So what? The marque has terminated. The Germans are not the British,
have no desire to be, and cannot be motivated by the same dreams."
  This week, BMW is publishing an advert. with pictures of all of their
old roadsters/convertibles/drophead coupes.  The 1957 BMW 507 looks an
awful lot like a spitfire... (Or vice-versa!)!  And some of the other
cars have a lot of styling that looks like they inspired the U.K. ...
  Now if they can only be pursuaded to include a full tool-kit and design
a car that requires frequent maintenance...

The trick is to have cars whose cumulative age is greater than your own!
*Philippe Tusler - El Toro, CA             "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                  "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV-OC.unisys.com   "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*