For sale

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: For sale
From: Doug Phillips <Douglas.W.Phillips@williams.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 1994 15:03:21 -0400 (EDT)
Two of our club members placed these ads in our most recent newsletter, and I'm
posting them here to provide wider circulation. I hope this does not violate
network protocol....

1965 Triumph TR-4, complete & restorable                        $950 OBO
1970 Triumph GT-6, body poor, good mechanical parts             $400 OBO
1976 Spitfire parts (misc.)
1968 MGBGT parts (misc.)

Contact John Werner (802) 823-5017 (Southwestern Vermont)
[I know John well - he's a good, honest fellow]

1976 Triumph TR-7 very good condition in and out, A/C, Tahiti Blue,
26,000 miles, all books & records, original window sticker, runs great
                                                                $1,500

Contact Dave Kilventon (518) 733-6991
[I've never met Dave. He lives near Albany, New York]

The usual disclaimers apply - I know nothing about the cars...don't respond
to me directly please...don't flame me if the cars are bad, etc.....

Question:

    The clear portion of the side curtains (which are new) on the TD somehow
became spotted over the winter. The spots look like mold, except it appears
only where the clear portion came in continuous contact with the vinyl side
curtain material (mine are vinyl rather than the orginal canvas type). It's
very difficult to remove, and once removed, a small dimple (about the size of
a golf ball dimple) remains on the clear vinyl. Each window now contains maybe
100 dimples - very ugly. My guess is that a chemical reaction between the vinyl
and the plastic window material is to blame, and the damage is irreversible.
Should I send them back to Moss? I didn't buy them - the PO (my dad, now
deceased) purchased them - I think they are made by "AMCO". Has anyone else had
this problem? Oh, I should also mention that the side curtains were never
subject to heat or humidity, and were never installed on or stored in the car.

    Any thoughts on this would be most welcome. Thanks.  -Doug

"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of my restoration style"

        Doug Phillips
        1952 MG TD, Member, New England T Register (#11109) and Berkshire
        County British Motor Car Club / Williams College, Williamstown, MA