Re: TR-6 SUs and distributor

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-6 SUs and distributor
From: mws1@admin01.osi.com (Matt Silveira x292)
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 94 12:34:45 PDT
As I recall, you can rebuild an HS-4 or HS-6 without a lot of hassle.
That is to say, get some fine emery, a lot of patience, and some good
carb cleaner.  Be ware of the jet (the thing the needle fits in!)  You
can buy rebuild kits from anywhere!  (Even NAPA!)

Als0, check the gaskets on the intake manifold.  These things leak like
crazy.  To test, spray some carb cleaner near the gasket seams, if the
enigne smooths-out or increases in speed, you have found your leak.

My favorite syncing tool, aside from a meter, is a good piece of rubber
tube (one side in the carb, the other your ear.. insert gently!)  When
the "hiss" is even, you have sync!.  Make sure while you are syncing
and setting idle mixture that the linkage between each is "loose."

Also, I have found colortune spark plugs- sold by Moss, etc., to be of
great assistance in identifying issues.

If all else fails I have a Weber 45DCOE for sale, CHEAP! and they work
much better than those silly SUs ever have!

Cheers!