RE: [Q] Bugeye Frame

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, alevinso@motown.ge.com
Subject: RE: [Q] Bugeye Frame
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 94 10:33:21 PDT
     re: bugeye with the bends.

          I'd say worry not, as from something I've read
     I seem to remember there actually being a visible
     amount of upward angle built into the front frame rails.
     That, and every one I've ever torn into appears to be
     that same way. If you are really concerned and would set
     it right if you found some appreciable deviation, then
     check out some of the DIY series Frogeye restoration
     books, the book "Spridgets", of the British Motor
     Heritage Industry Trust. Or, (as I just thought of it),
     I have a factory workshop manual that has the critical
     dimensions (and tolerances, I believe), as measured
     across frame points. Should be able to tell if there's
     supposed to be some upswing. I'll try to remember to
     check tonight.

          cheers-
                 daren