Re: LBC trophies needed

To: tjhiggin@ingr.com, british-cars@autox.team.net, SOL@apple.com
Subject: Re: LBC trophies needed
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 94 08:29:33 -0700
In message <199404061911.AA03148@alpine.b17a.ingr.com>  writes:
> Each Father's Day my car club puts on a Britcar show at a local mall.
> This year for the first time we are going to have voting for
> "People's Choice" and "Most Potential" awards.  We want to have
> moderate-sized trophies with an LBC likeness at the top.  The problem
> is that none of the trophy shops in the area has an LBC likeness.
> Corvettes, Mustangs, open-wheeled racers, no problem.  But no LBCs.
> We're not looking for a specific marque, just something that looks
> vaguely like an LBC.
>
> If you know of a shop in the USA or Canada that can help us out,
> please send me the name and phone number.  We only need 3 trophies.
> Much obliged.
> --
> T.J. Higgins     | tjhiggin@ingr.com         | (205) 730-7922
> Intergraph Corp. | Mapping Sciences Division | Huntsville, AL, USA

The Jag club in Portland (Sorry I do not know its name) spearheads the Portland
All British Field Meet each year. Each year a different marque is hounored.
They have peoples choice voting first through third for MANY different clases of
cars.  Examples would be:

MGBGT,
MGB chrome bumper roadster
MGB Rubber bumper Roadster
TR2 -> 3B
TR4s
etc.

They have a bronze meddle made that has the place and catagory stamped
(engraved?) on each.  The meddle has the year, event and a likeness of a
representative of the featured marque in it.

Lots of people win and everyone's happy.  You might try to find someone from the
Portland Jag club that knows about the meddles.

Another option:

At Triumphfest, they give out wall placks.

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561