MGB Muffler advice.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Muffler advice.
From: bobj@meaddata.com (Robert Jones)
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 94 15:35:45 EDT
I need to get a new muffler for my '74 MGB as the Cherry Bomb that is
there now is, uhm, woefully inadequate.  Any recommendations for
something that won't break the bank?  From scanning my catalogs, it
looks like I can get a stock setup for about $120, an ANSA for about
$150, a Monza for about $120, a Paeco Big Bore for about $190.  Any
thoughts on any of these?  I want something that isn't real loud and
droney, but I've also seen people mention on this list that the stock
muffler on a B is really pretty restrictive.

Thanks,

Bob