Re: Gas tank sealing

To: andrewpf%geds@mhsgate.salem.ge.com (Andrews Peter F)
Subject: Re: Gas tank sealing
From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 1994 12:21:58 -0500 (CDT)
Andrews Peter F writes >

> etch.  So far so good.  The sealer can though says to remove anything
> which can be clogged by the sealer.  Hmmm.  The Sprite tank has a very
> fine mesh filter on the tank outlet.  You can see it through the sender
> hole but beats me how to get it off (and getting it back on looks
> impossible).   I can't imagine that filter not getting clogged by the
> sealer so I'm tempted to just skip the sealing process.  The tank doesn't
> leak but I wanted to protect against the rust...

Each time you slosh the tank, you have to blow into the outlet pipe to
blow the sealer out of the pipe (and in your case, off of the filter mesh).
You can never leave the tank unattended in the upright position during
the drying cycle, or the outlet pipe will be clogged.

I did this when I did the tanks on my Europa S2, or the outlet pipe surely
would have clogged up.  Be sure to avoid inhaling around this project, as
the solvent (was MEK in the Kreem I used) is evil stuff.