Re: Dreaded PO & fuel smell

To: cobra@cdc.hp.com (Roland Dudley)
Subject: Re: Dreaded PO & fuel smell
From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 1994 09:38:15 -0600 (CST)
Roland Dudley writes >

>A couple of weeks ago my wife mentioned that the Cobra smelled gassy.
>Of course, there was a slight gasoline odor, but I figured it was from
>the little bit that always seems to slop pass the Monza filler cap when
>the car is driven.  Besides, Cobras always smell that way.  As John
>Nygaard (then co-owner of CSX2577) commented after test driving my car
>shortly after I bought it, "feels like a Cobra; smells like a Cobra."

My SAAB Sonett was terrible for gas smell in the car.  My cousin, a
self-educated Sonett expert, said, "Yeah, they do that."

As I was removing the battery from the Europa last week (I needed it to
start the now-sold Mazda), I noticed a fuel smell.  The area has a lot of
steel lines and some rubber fuel lines connecting them.  I could not find
a leak.  Maybe the smell was coming from the vent in the right-tank cap.
I hope so.  Gotta buy that fire bottle...