Interior Kits for MGB

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Interior Kits for MGB
From: wade@ops.tridom.com (Wade Massengil)
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 93 13:51:03 EST
Dear All'o'Ya`ll...

        I am, and rapidly I hope, completing the total restoration of a 1970
MGB that I purchased Jan 1991 for $300. The flatbed driver who delivered it
shook his head and laughed as he got back in his truck.

        If I`d had the money, I could have done the whole car in 18 months.
(High Tech is fun, but not always kind...) I could have finished it in 9 months
if I'd had the money and could keep up with my tools!!!

        O.K... the money is turned back on, at least for the for-see-able
future, and its time to do the interior in this cute little Primrose Yellow
B that I've never heard run, much less, driven.

        Have any of you had any experience in installing interior kits such
as those offered by Victoria British, ect...What is the major headache? Who
has the best kit, as such, for the money?

        Does anybody have a source for those wooden strips that go between the
carpet and the seat adjustmet rails?

        Here's 2 little hints I can pass along. Almost any plastic part can
be restored to like new condition with ordinary buffing compound and a terry
towel. I used DuPont #7 from local WalMart. Works on tail light lenses, switches
istrument bezels, ect. Some folks like to buff this stuff with a wheel but I'm
afraid I'll melt a hole in them. I restored all my body lamp lenses (that
weren't busted) during one episode of Star Trek. My hi-beam and ignition idiot
lights looked ratty...solution?...several coats of clear fingernail polish!!
You'll mash your nose on the steering wheel trying to get close enough to tell
they aren't new.

        Thanks in advance for your input on the interior.

        Wade Massengill

        Remember, if your neighbors have all got one too, its not a sports car.