Overdrives and 1500 Midgets

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Overdrives and 1500 Midgets
From: Dennis <IEDXW@asuvm.inre.asu.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1993 12:23:13 -0700 (MST)
You definately can put the 1500 overdrive trany in a 1500 Midget.
A company in Nottingham UK does a conversion kit and has had one for
years now.  There is an article in an old copy of MG enthusiast which
gives some details of this conversion.  I did not know of the article
in Classic and Sports car however.
Mark Sayer of Performance engineering did a conversion on a Midget and he
says it is not too difficult.
I plan on putting the overdrive trany I have in my Midget very soon, so all
and any info would be appreciated.  I am also told that the wiring for the
electical hook up is already there.  You use the right hand lever on the
steering column.  You can push this lever forward but it does nothing....
until you hook up the trany, OR SO I WAS TOLD.  If fast gear changes are
important then keep the knob switch, otherwise get rid of it, put a nice
MG knob and use the column lever.  What d'ya finc?

Cheers Dennis