Re: One more Big Healey back on the road

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: One more Big Healey back on the road
From: jsbradl@erenj.com
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 93 13:31:14 -0500
Yes, Bob Spidell,  I'd be very happy to receive info on British Motor
Industry Heritage Trust, for information on the original equipment on my
'67 Healey .  It's probably a bit late now though, since my baby has been
in the hands of the restorer since last MAY!!! The guy seems to have become
attached to the machine, and now the first snow is here I guess he will be
occupied with fender benders on Hondas and other trivia.  He seems to care
nothing for the cash I owe him, and even a quart of Scotch at Christmas
hasn't helped.  Roll on summer.  Anyway I had it done in the original
metallic gold, but the piping on the upholstery (gold) doesn't seem to be
in the approved package for that color.  Or am I wrong? Being new to the BC
Digest, I don't know if this reply should go to the Digest, or the author
of the relevant note, or what?

Here's a question: in order to raise the cash to break into the
not-too-shabby XK 150 league, I am considering selling the soon-to-be
immacculate Healey and I hear that prices might be higher in Europe than
here in the US.  For an extra grand or so I could ship it over, maybe motor
around France for a week or two, then flog it to the highest bidder.  The
question is - where is the market hottest?  The Brits might shy away from
the left hand drive, but I know the French love 'em.  What about Germany?
Italy even?  All info gratefully received.
John Bradley

John Bradley
Corporate Research
Exxon Research & Engineering