Re: Locking Convertibles

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Locking Convertibles
From: lye@elegans.wustl.edu (John Lye)
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 93 14:11:18 CST
Rob Reilly sez:

>       spare ignition key screwed to the firewall,

This brings up a related memory, although its stretching things
a bit, but I'll relate it anyway.  In my younger days, I worked
for a gas station that doubled as a U-Haul dealer.  In the course of
servicing the U-Haul trucks, we "discovered" that they
all caried a spare key (usually near the radiator), presumably
so that U-Haul could move their vehicles around as necessary.
Of course, we never had any reason to take advantage of this
knowledge...

John