stinky problem

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: stinky problem
From: COSTICH_ALAN/HPATC1_01@i3125ent.atl.hp.com
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 93 08:49:00 -0500
Greg Meythaler: I can't help but be curious...
Is your driving so bad it caused your wife to
vomit? My past lady friends at least had the
courtesy to ask me to stop the car when they
were ready to blow lunch.

Chris Kent Kantarjiev:  It took me the longest time
to understand what lights the charging indicator
on the lbc. If you trace the wiring diagrams, they
all show a hot lead on both sides of the light.
I kept asking how can the light come on when
there is no lead to ground. Check it out.
The answer is a lack of potential on either
side of the lamp causes the lamp to be lit.
Thus, if the battery is low, there is a drop
in potential on that side of the lamp. If the
dyno stops charging, then the lack of potential
is on the dyno side and the lamp is lit! As far
as the voltage regulator, read your manual. There
are two adjustments that can be made and most
Haynes manuals do a good job of explaining the
adjustments.

Dennis: I took a fine (1/16 inch) cut off wheel
in a grinder and cut through the lower fulcrum pin
between the A arm and then kingpin. The kingpin will
then fall away from the A arm. Then press out the
remainder of the fulcrum pin from the kingpin (or
take the the peice to you machinist to have him
press it out.

Alan