A-arms & fulcrum pins

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: A-arms & fulcrum pins
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1993 11:49:54 -0500 (EST)
Re: Dennis's problem.

Whoops.  How do I remove the foot that is stuck in my mouth?  I guess you
DO at least have to remove the kingpin before melting out the threaded
insert, otherwise the kingpin will keep things stuck together.

Otherwise, my advice should hold.  Since the kingpin is bound to be toast
anyway, why not use a hacksaw to remove it?  Or a cutting torch?  Don't
try to hacksaw the hardened steel fulcrum pin, however, unless you take it
on as a body-building exercise.  The fulcrum pin, I should think, can stay.

Ray Gibbons, who, believe it or not, doesn't keep workshop manuals in his
office.