Re: Companies on the list -a solution.

To: Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu, British@apple.com, Cars@apple.com,
Subject: Re: Companies on the list -a solution.
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 93 09:18:27 -0800
In message <199312201548.AA06336@postoffice.mail.cornell.edu>  writes:

> discuss and share information about British cars, and related
> people, events, parts sources, technical info, etc.
>
> 2) Participation and contribution of related businesses and
> their employees in these discussions is quite welcome and
> valued.
>
> 3) Beyond casual comments within ongoing discussions or
> occasional mention external services, if a company wants to do
> bussness on the net, they should find other means to do so.
>
> 4) Republishing or using postings from the list for commercial
> purposes without permission of the author(s) may be a violation
> of copyrights, and is a pretty slimy thing to do.
>
> Simple as that.
>

>    ________
>   /___  _  \    Roger Garnett            (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)
>  /|   ||  \ \   Agricultural Economics  | "The South Lansing Centre
> | |___||  _  |  3 Warren Hall           |  For Wayward Sports Cars"
> | | \  |   | |  Cornell University      | (Lansing, NY)
>  \|  \ |__/ /   Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801 | (607) 533-7735
>   \________/    (607) 255-2522          | Safety Fast!

Roger, I think your statement is the best yet, but I would like to see some
slight amendments to it.

> 2) Participation and contribution of related businesses and
> their employees in these discussions is quite welcome and
> valued.

ADD:  This group can be an excellent source for getting feedback about such
things as parts quality, authenticity and other technical issues.

> 4) Republishing or using postings from the list for commercial
> purposes without permission of the author(s) may be a violation
> of copyrights, and is a pretty slimy thing to do.

ADD: Most author(s) are happy to provide permission to have specific postings
published as long as they are asked.

Roger, keep up the most excellent work!

Take care,

TeriAnn

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561