Re: Commercial concernc on net

To: drabik@solaris.gatech.edu, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Commercial concernc on net
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 93 09:01:19 -0800
In message <9312201604.AA12002@solaris.gatech.edu.noname> Timothy J. Drabik
writes:
> Dear fellow SOLs,
>
> My vote is NO to ANY advertising, even of the hidden type
> that recommends a particular fix for a problem that can
> just incidentally be purchased from the recommender.

stuffing removed

>               Exercising my freedom of speech,
>               Tim Drabik

Tim, I disagree with you on this point.  Since TRF seels TR & MGB parts, then
they would be excluded from technical discussions about any of these cars,
because they sell parts for them.  Moss would be in an even bigger bind.  Next
time the discussion on MGB handling improvements passes through the group, I for
one would be very interested in what TRF & Moss would have to say about the
special suspension parts they cary.  I want to be able to make an informed
decision with as much information as I can get.

But we do agree, advertizing is out.

Take care

TeriAnn

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561