Minority report

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Minority report
From: Will Zehring <WZEHRIN@CMS.CC.WAYNE.EDU>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 93 08:02:12 EST
Fellow fiends:

Well, I guess that I am going to join a small minority here but I have to
say that I am not too crazy about developing the overt presence of commmercial
interests in the net.
(1)  I am not at all interested in getting advertisements over the net.
(2)  I am not very much interested in commercially based advice (I get enuf
     of that from my mechanic)
(3)  I am not very much interested in electonic catalogs and price lists
     (I have analog versions at home that work fine)
(4)  I am not very much interested in electonic orders at 9:00 saturday nite
     (I have a telephone at home and it works, too)
Besides, I think this net is great just as it is.  It is (most of the time)
friendly, jocular, clubby and it deffinately enhances my pleasure in
owning, driving and working on LBCs (bless the little b-----ds).  Perhaps
I am just not enough of a computer wonk, but for me it all boils down to...

*** IF IT AINT BROKE, DON'T FIX IT***

One other point:  I am on the net via the E-mail service at the (public)
university that I work at.  Color me nieve, but just who is paying for all
these electrons?  Tax payers?   HHmmmmm.

Sorry, TerryAnn, but you should adjust that to 99% support for the inclusion
of TRF and others to the net in an overt form.

Will Zehring (aka wzehrin@cms.cc.wayne.edu)