commercial access to the list

To: BRITISH-CARS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: commercial access to the list
From: EUBANK@vaxb.acs.unt.edu
Date: 17 Dec 1993 08:05:19 -0500 (CDT)
I've been watching the discussion (between grading mountains of papers),
and, typical academic, I agree with everybody. What I would suggest
is the following:
(1) we allow listuse to those "in the business"
(2) we work toward ground rules for (1)
In effect, we try to come up with a set of guidelines under which
those in the business would be encouraged to take part. One of the
most obvious rules would be, of course, NO ADS. I realize, of course,
that there's a difference between a plug during technical discussion
and an ad, and we might want to work toward some understanding of
the former. In other words, more of (2).
By the way, if we do go for (1) and (2), then I'd also suggest that
we make an effort to invite all concerned to take part. Hence, a note
to the Moss folks, VicBrit, etc, etc. By the way, I'd think that
the folks at Rover might be intereted in lurking at least, given the
apparent drive toward rejuvenation of some of the breed.

Meanwhile, the MG (78) is leaking oil past the head gasket. it's
external only, as far as I can figure; slow drewl just below the
front exhaust port. Of course, what I should do is jerk the head
and replace the gasket. It atually sounds kind of fun, now that I
know the "rope trick", but my time is at a premium (5th year on
tenure track) and there's just no way. Any quick-fix solutions that
anybody can suggest to tide me over until after my 6th year?

Does someone on the list drive the beautifully restored B that
sits on the faculty lot at UNT? I'm sorry that I got slobber on
it, but I jsut couldn't stop drewling. (Gawd, I wish I even knew
how to spell that word!)

later,
Lynn Eubank