Healey, companies/list, C. Rockwell, happy holidays

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Healey, companies/list, C. Rockwell, happy holidays
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1993 21:18:08 -0500
        Sorry to have bombed the list with my Healey stuff, I
thought I was replying directly, but a Cc to the list got in there.

        I have a lot of respect for TRF as a company dedicated to
preserving British cars.  I think they have a place on this list for
that reason.  Some other companies who have "call and order yours
today" written in every box of their catalogs, perhaps not.  It is
a tough call.  For me the heart of the issue is whether a company
will make valid contributions to the list, or just try to sell stuff.

        On a related note, we (well probably not me so much...:-)) are
one of the leading sources of Britcar info.  If that can be used in
any way to benefit the hobby - i.e. through the suppliers - we only
stand to gain.  I'd like to see companies ask US questions.  For example,
If Moss or Vicky Brit asked me if the rear fender patch panels for a big
Healey fit and if I was pleased with them, I'd could say "NO, the wheel
opening lip doesn't even slightly match the original rolled edge"

        Charlie Rockwell - remember that people on this list are pretty
smart.  From your posts, I can see that you are frustrated because you
feel that your reputation has been tarnished.  I think you can trust
to us identify a pretty clear case of poor communication/false
expectations - something we all run into time and time again in this
hobby.

        Another year... I guess that makes it 2 1/2 years on the list
for me.  I wonder who has been on the longest?  Happy holidays, we're
all lucky our lives afford us the luxury of playing with British cars.

woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu