RE: Status of commercial groups on SOL mail list

To: sol <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Status of commercial groups on SOL mail list
From: Randy Wilson <randy@taylor.wyvern.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1993 19:14:50 -0500 (EST)
>Personally, I would like to see us as a group extend an invitation to
>The Roadster Factory, and any other parts house or garage to fully
>participate in the discussions.
>
>By this I mean:
>
>Participate in technical discussions;
>
>Be able to tell people what the correct part(s) is for something and if it
>is available;

Really, this is already being done by a few people, me for example. I fix
British cars for a living. However, I have not once posted a name or location
for my business. I read this list at night (uucp feed is a hobby to  my home
box) because I *like* the cars, and want to see them well cared for. I do not
see any  conflict of interest in  this.

>Let people know about special promotions or if a new part becomes
>available that has previously unavailable.

Ah, here we  get  into the dreaded  "advertising", normally  a no-no.  It
doesn't bother me either way. But if you need  to limit it some, do like the
major pay services. Anouncements  are fine, advertising is not. Typically,
it  boils  down to ads have proces, announcements do  not.

>could get a direct internet account.  Maybe we could get Moss and
>Victoria British & others on board so they can understand how
>customers feel about their parts & service.

Some days, it would  be better if I didn't have easy access  to these
people. :> :>

   Randy
     randy@taylor.wyvern.com