Frying wiring

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Frying wiring
From: Ian Macky <imacky@us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 93 14:49:08 PST
Scott!...

>I reasoned that the black wire was almost certainly the ground and
>therefore could be left loose in the dash without fear of shorting to
>some piece of metal.  The car hasn't caught fire yet, so I must have
>guessed right.

Disconnect the battery when you work on the electrics!!  Then there's
just NO CHANCE of anything going wrong.  There's little more frustrating
than having some precious wiring go pfFFFFFFFFFFFT in a cloud of noxious
white smoke (thereby nobly saving the fuse blah blah)...

I learned that one the hard way; you should learn it the easy way
(vicariously)....

--ian!

PS Now that I have a battery disconnect switch I even follow my own advice...