Smiths Guages in strange places

To: sol@hoosier
Subject: Smiths Guages in strange places
From: James Fuerstenberg <jfuerste@zz-link.dcmdc.dla.mil>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 93 13:04:19 CDT
Text item: Text_1

        I happened to be watching the end of "The Spy Who Loved Me" last
night...and noticed when Bond and B. Bach use Stromberg's escape capsule, that
there was a clear camera shot of the capsule depth guage showing the capsule
ascending...the depth guage was a Smith's guage...could have been a tachometer
out of a british car, but for the depth numbers.  Now, one might think that a
supposedly brilliant(but flawed) villain might choose something slightly more
reliable for an important guage.  I don't think he chose Smiths out of
patriotism.

(more likely that Smiths paid for the promo)

Jim

jfuerstenberg@dcmdc.dla.mil

"assembly is the reverse of disassembly" is "Like buying house plans that say,
 Building your new home is the reverse of blowing it up with dynamite."

           -- Peter Egan, January 1994 Road&Track --