Bentley manual

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Bentley manual
From: Jon Mason Gougar Jr <gougar@csd4.csd.uwm.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1993 12:35:43 -0600 (CST)
  I just recieved my Bentley shop manual, which I've been told is
the best shop manual to use as far as my 1973 MGB is concerned. I noticed that
the electrical schematics only seem to be listed for cars made up to
1972. I also seem to have found a mistake in one. In wiring diagram
number thirteen (of course), there are two stop lamp switches drawn, one
being wired normally, and the other wired to various items such as the
seat belt buzzer switches, and an unlabeled elecrical item (a relay, I
think). Overall, I'm not too awful impressed with the manual. It doesn't
seem very thorough. I guess I'm just spoiled from working on Japanese
motorcycles and snowmoblies for the last few years. I would think though,
that the translation from Japanese to American would have more problems
than the translation from English to American :-). Anyway, any suggestions
about other manuals would be appreciated.

                                                 thanks
                                               Jon Gougar, Jr.