TR3A questions

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A questions
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 93 13:25:20 -0800
Hang on folks I'll get it figgured out eventually.  I spend last night drawing
the bulkhead of my post TS60000 TR3A on my computer then pouring over books and
catalogues to try to figure out what goes in each of those holes and labeling
the drawing for use as a quick guide.  I got almost everything figured out
except for two items, one of which I used to know.  I even figured out which
should be the correct hole for the oil temperature capulary tube going to the
factory optional aluminum sump.

  How ever, I forgot where the tube for the windscreen washer goes through the
bulkhead.  As I remember it is not where you would expect, and not the same
place as the early TR2 & 3s.  Could someone please give me a hand on this one?

Also, on the level section of the bulkhead, below the commission plate, I have a
small rectangular hole.  This looks like it could have once held a snap-in
captive nut. Could anyone with a post TS6000 3A or B let me know what belongs
there??

I took two layers of uplstry off the fibre board seat backing.  A PO had cut a
pair of speaker holes in it.  The upper outer corners were crumbling, as was the
bottom below the speaker holes.  A phone call told me that no one was
reproducing this pressed board part.  The process was made obsolete by plastic
and the huge presses have long since been disassembled.  Sigh.  It looks like
I'm going to put a layer of glass fibre cloth on each side after gluing the
parts back together.

TeriAnn

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561