Stud woes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Stud woes
From: amc@berlioz.nsc.com (Andy McLean)
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 93 09:35:22 PST
Still in search of a "leak" on my 'B I decided to tighten up the manifold nuts
just a little.  Yup, you've guessed it "SNAP" and suddenly i'm holding about
an 1.5" of ragged stud.  It snapped just inside the head so i've no hope of
catching it and screwing it out.  Now, i've often read about these Eazi-out (?)
things here but thankfully never had to pay much attention to the details.  Can
someone provide me with a brief technical resume of the uses and abuses of this
product ?  Are they sutiable for my dilemma or do I need to pull the head
(again) and get my friendly machine shop to drill it out ?

Andy

(amc@berlioz.nsc.com)