COBRAS- The Magazine

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, classic-mustangs@mustang.fc.hp.com
Subject: COBRAS- The Magazine
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 93 12:48:19 pdt
Several months ago I spotted a blurb in the Nor-Cal Shelby Club
newsletter about a new magazine called COBRAS.  I checked the magazine
stands at all of the local book, drug and discount stores but never was
able to find a copy.  Finally I ordered one directly from Petersen's
Publishing Company.  The magazine was primarily devoted to Cobra kit
cars and replicas.  This wasn't surprising considering Petersen's also
publishes KIT CAR and that the total production run of Cobras was only a
bit over 1000, severely limiting the customer based of original car
owners.  Even so, the magazine contained some interesting articles and
was worth buying, in my opinion.

There was no information in the magazine about future issues or how one
might subscribe if it ever were to be published on a regular basis.  I
assumed it was a one issue run and didn't give it any further thought.
However, last weekend at the Palo Alto Britcars meet I ran into an old
friend who claims to have seen a second issue on a magazine rack at a
local drug store.  I've been checking around but haven't found a copy
yet.  Can anyone else confirm the existence of a second edition of this
magazine?

Roland