3.5l Rover V8: Where?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, racefab@pms706.pms.ford.com
Subject: 3.5l Rover V8: Where?
From: drabik@solaris.gatech.edu (Timothy J. Drabik)
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 93 09:09:22 EDT
Where does one find "good" applications of the
Rover V8 for, say, transplant into another car?

By good, I mean e.g. with good-breathing heads, good
quality crank, reasonably high CR, adaptor plate for
a decent 5-speed, and high-quality parts in general?

I infer from a very small amount of information that
the TR8 motor was a well-done application of this block.
What other donor cars might there be?

Also,  I would like to get orthographic views of this
motor with as much dimensional data as possible?  Does
anyone have a lead?  [I know Cosworth, e.g., will just send
you drawings.]

                Regards,
                Tim