TR6 brake adjusters

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 brake adjusters
From: jesup@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com (Randell Jesup)
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 93 15:29:53 EDT
        Augi and I did some sworking last weekend, and I ran into something
that I've never gotten to work on any LBC: the brake adjusters.  Sometimes
I'd swear they were built in the factory welded together.

        Any hints?  Before giving up, I hit them with liquid wrench.  Luckily,
the adjusters aren't stripped, and I was careful not to do so while trying to
move them.  They need to be adjusted; I can feel it in the pedal and the
parking brake doesn't really hold the car any more.  Would it help to try to
back them out instead of screwing them in?  Freeze spray?  A torch? Prayer?

        Augi and I did have some successes: The steering rack is tight or damn
close to now (much nicer at speed).  Augi's Maserati now runs on 6 cylinders
instead of 3 (he had a bad CD ignition box - it kept wanting to play heavy
metal, and he wanted classical... :-) :-)  Now if he would have left the keys
with me... (it's living in my driveway).

        Randell Jesup

p.s.  If you remember Dr. Bobwrench's sage of the blown GT6 race engine and
dieing TR6 engine (no oil pressure), I'm told to top it all some bozo ran a
red light an t-boned his chevy.  3 cars dead in 2 weeks or so.  I think Bob
should give in to fate and start walking....