1969 Midget for sale (fwd)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 1969 Midget for sale (fwd)
From: moore@portal.vpharm.com (Jonathan Moore)
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1993 09:49:32 -0500 (EDT)
I was driving home from work last Friday, turned the corner and was
surprised to see a very nice candy apple red Midget that looked to be about
the same vintage (69) as mine. It had a for sale sign on it so I stopped and
looked. After awhile the owner came by and we started talking. He is trying
to sell the car and asked me to post in on the net. After a few minutes, Tim D.
drove by in his '79 Midget, and pulled over. It was really quite a freak
occurence to see three rather sharp looking (if I say so myself) Midgets parked
on Mass. Ave in Cambridge. Somebody even asked if it was a swap meet.
Here is his forwarded message:

Tillman Gerngross writes:
> From root Mon Jun 28 13:14:50 1993
> Date: Mon, 28 Jun 93 13:16:51 EST
> From: tillman@MIT.EDU (Tillman Gerngross)
> To: moore@vpharm.com
> Subject: 1969 MG, Midget
>
> Hi, Jonathan
> it's me Tillman writing, the guy with the red 69 Midget. As I'm not
> really hooked up to any of the british car e-mail news letters I
> wondered weather you would mind putting my car in one of classified
> sections. The car is 1969 MG Midget, red, wire wheels, South Carolina
> car, was brought to Massachusetts in 1990. The car is mechanically very
> sound and has absolutely no rust. I'm asking for $ 5,500 or b.o.I can be
> reached @ 253-6728 (w) or 5760539 (h) or e-mail: tillman@mit.edu. Thanks
> alot for your efforts, take care Tillman.

The chassis number was obliterated by grease, but the body number was GUN
004551P.
I haven't gone and checked yet but this doesn't sound like a North American
Midget. The paint is good, the car has a luggage rack, new carpet and seat
upholstery.
The engine compartment looked rough. I did not peer under the car, nor drive it.
IMHO he is asking a bit much for it, as he has based the price on what he sees
others getting for concours type cars, but maybe he can talked down.

                                        JM
--
    Jonathan M. Moore
    Protein NMR Group

Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated                email: moore@vpharm.com
40 Allston Street
Cambridge, MA 02139-4211         "We don't leave success to chance ... I guess"
(617) 576-3111  Fax:(617) 576-2109