Special Interest Car Parts

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Special Interest Car Parts
From: GNH.Wbst207V@xerox.com
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1993 12:02:26 PDT
Lee Daniels writes about Special Interest Car Parts:
>This place has been discussed here at length before; prices ARE good,
>but evidently the return policy stinks.  Be SURE you know what you
>are ordering, and don't ever plan on getting any money back -- you'll
>only get a credit for a later order.

There *IS* a way to get your money back - if you plan ahead: pay the
bill with plastic money.  VISA has interceded for me a couple times on
occasions like this when a part is paid for but not received (Backordered).
VISA reps (I suppose this applies for all cards...?) will tell you that a
card-holder is not obliged to pay for something not received, so they
will debit the supplier and credit your account.  Documentation is
required and it must be done within 90 days.  Reputable suppliers know
this and willingly grant refunds for cancelled Backorders.

Since Special Interest Car Parts and Scarborough-Faire are two suppliers
who refuse to give refunds, and are BOTH in Pawtucket, RI,  are they
associated?  Does anyone know?  I'm suspicious....
George
BTW, does Special Interest have British Heritage approval?  S-F lost theirs a
few years ago....