Trip to Bowie MD (short version)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Trip to Bowie MD (short version)
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: 28 Jun 1993 13:16:49 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

I decided last week that I was going to Bowie MD for the 14th annual British
Car
Day. The round trip from Boston (my home base) was around 900 miles. Temps were
in the mid 90's for both legs (down and back) and I spent considerable time in
traffic, stopped). I had no overheating, and everything performed quite nicely.

Met several SOLers at the 11:00 meeting. This included (but was not limited to)
Scott Paisley, Paul Gilders and Dean Zwicki (and his wife). It was really neat
meeting the people whose stories you read about in this forum.

The event itself was very impressive. 700+ british cars, 150 vendors and quite
lot of cars for sale in the car corral. Of special note: a Triumph Italia, a
gorgeous 30's vintage Rolls Rotce and an Allard. Of cource there were a lot of
cars you might expect to see, MG's, TR6's Jags etc. The asking prices for some
of the cars seemed quite high, but most of the cars were reasonably priced. I
wasn't prepared to purchase a vehicle, but this would have been a good place to
find a deal on some British Iron. There were some vehicles that appeared to be
some possible diamond-in-the-rough type deals.

Left the field around 2:30 to trek back to Boston...arrived home at 11:45 PM
making the trip roughly 9 hours including traffic delays. Next time I might try
what my friends did, and drive at night to avoid the traffic.

All in all, I had quite a good time.

See you all down the road...

rml

Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |