thanks to baltimore sols

To: sol@hoosier
Subject: thanks to baltimore sols
From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Date: Mon Jun 28 11:22:34 1993
A big thank you for the hospitality of the Baltimoreans
(Baltimorites?) Dean Z, Scott P, Arlie and Paul...who took me on an
unitended tour of their fair city in our efforts to find an
establishment which served drink and food.

The conversation and beer were excellent. It seems fitting somehow,
that each of the LBCs and the LIC had a minor mechanical
problem...although, I guess overheating a little does not really
count on these cars.  Maybe a pressurized can of some cold liquid to
spray on the fuel pump would solve hot starting problems on the TR6.
Probably a good thing the LIC's intermittent
fan problem did not manifest itself on the way to the east coast.

The outing was a nice break from attending the DLA DCE/CACO
conference which brought me to town.

Sorry we did not hook up with Greg Fieldson, maybe next time.

If you get to Chicago, let me know.

Thanks again,

Jim

and now its back to stripping down the mini trans to ensure it does
not pop out of 4th gear during next weeks race.

My faith in Isky valve spring retainers has been shaken, I found
that one of mine had broken almost in half, luckily not enough to
let the valve spring decompress and the valve hit the piston.  The
retainers only had 3 races on them..and yes I do use the tach and
don't exceed around 7800rpm.