Re: SOL Logo Revisited!

To: pwv@tc.fluke.com (Pat Vilbrandt)
Subject: Re: SOL Logo Revisited!
From: phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 93 12:31:42 CDT
> Heavyweight T-shirts     $12.95         Sweatshirts     $17.95
        Polo Shirts              $17.95         Satin Jackets   $39.95
        Caps (Baseball, I think) $ 7.50         Mouse Pads      $12.95
        Ceramic Mugs             $ 7.50         Ceramic Steins  $12.95

        (Mouse pads!  Amazing no one suggested those in the past! ;^)

They use a color sublimation printing process, where, for fabric, the color
appears to be "in" the weave of the fabric, not "over" the fabric like with a
standard screen printing process.  So I would imagine that the fabric items
would need to be light colored (I was thinking light green or blue)

(above from Pat Vilbrandt)

This stuff will not look right unless the base material is whitel  I used to
sell all this stuff for Brown & Bigelow.  The printing method you discribe is
very nice indeed.  I have a baseball cap from Briish Auto in Hawaii using
this method.  It has a TR6 and MGA in front of a Union Jack.  The front
panel of the hat is white.

I suggest a black or BRG baseball cap with a white front panel for the colored
logo stuff.  The visor ("peak" for you UK members?) should be black for two
reasons:

1.  bottom side black rests eyes.
2.  we often wind up with a little sworking at events and will not keep our
    greasy/dirty fingers off the hat visor.

phile@stpaul.gov