Re: Miq Millman Lunch & slot drags

To: megatest!bldg2fs1!sfisher@uu2.psi.com (Scott Fisher)
Subject: Re: Miq Millman Lunch & slot drags
From: phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 93 10:54:28 CDT
>I've got one that will go from 0 to just shy of 50 in
55 feet and just over 1 second -- and no, that's not 50
scale miles per hour, that's actual speed.  The record on
the dragstrip is 105 mph in, if memory serves. .595 second.
Amazing.)

Back in the 60s, there was a guy out west somewhere with a car made of some
exotic metal or other.  I don't remember the ET, but the TV was 199mph in the
standard 55-foot drag.  The srip they used was Formica, and still, a ripple
in the Formica was a problem for him.  I remember showing the magazine around
to some guys then, and being unable to convince them that it was not scale
speed.  They apparently coudn't read ...

phile@stpaul.gov