Re: Temperature Problems

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Temperature Problems
From: "Andrew C. Green" <dlogics!hermes.dlogics.com!acg@uu.psi.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1993 10:24:16 CDT
Kevin Brown (brown@saturn.sdsu.edu) writes:
> Since then, although I haven't been able to drive it much till lately,
> it has still overheat although in a different way, and with much
> higher oil pressure.

1) Check the strength of your coolant; flush and fill with proper mixture
   if you haven't done it recently.
2) Besides inspecting the hoses for pinhole leaks, loose clamps (you have
   to retighten 'em about a week after installation) and what-have-you, see
   if the radiator cap holds its pressure, too.
3) Temperature senders exist in different heat ranges; maybe yours is the
   wrong range, mismatched for the gauge. If the other stuff checks out,
   perhaps you could swap in a mechanical gauge and see if you really have
   a problem.

-- Andy