Re: I need a new TR7 top

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, joeg@sr.hp.com
Subject: Re: I need a new TR7 top
From: GORIN_JOE/HP5300_A0@opnmail2.corp.hp.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 93 17:19:00 +0000
Jody Levine asks:

>Do all the TR7 dropheads leak at the joint between the top and the
>quarter window frame...

You missed it.  I did, too, at first.  In fact, I purchased the
owner's manual for my used TR7, and I even read the how-to-put-up-
the-hood (roof) instructions, and I still missed it.  But once you
realize where it is leaking, you will find that the instructions
tell you how to put the top up so that it doesn't leak there.
There are flaps above the windows, the front edges of which naturally
get squeezed against the frame of the windshield when you put up the
hood.  Do not let them get squeezed there; pull them loose so that
they guide water into the area between the door and the fender, and
out the bottom.

For me, this was just one (albeit the biggest one) of the five or so
places that my TR7 leaked.  I've got them all fixed now.

--Joe Gorin   joeg@sr.hp.com  '80 TR7 convertible