GT6 swork & wiper motor

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 swork & wiper motor
From: "GERONIMO, SC9-32, 765-4903, PAGE 231-6612" <GENDIMEN@T12SYS.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 93 07:49:34 PDT
Well, even though I had some things to do, I was able to squeeze in a bit of
work on the GT6 this weekend.  Changed the oil, fuel filter and lower radiator
hose.  I also started removing items from the engine compartment sill, so I can
give the rusting spots a coat of paint, especially around the master cylinders
and battery box.  I need to remove the wiper motor and I remember the wipers
would keep running a lot of times when the switch is shut off.  Is this a
problem with the motor parking mechanism or the switch?  I figure I'll clean up
and re-grease the wiper motor while it's out, so are there some things I should
do to it?  Also, when I replaced the lower rad hose I matched my old one up to
one at the parts store.  I kind of got tired of paying $15 for that little hose
that seems to self-destruct after one year.  The hose I used was a
Goodyear 61-451 from a '90 Buick Skylark 2.3L (upper hose).  Had to cut a bit
off both ends, but it fits pretty good and was only $8.  I should have the
carbs back by next week, so hopefully I'll be driving it again in a couple of
weeks.

Mike G.