Spridgets for sale, and LBCs on the TV

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Spridgets for sale, and LBCs on the TV
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 93 09:01:06 PDT
     First the LBCs;
          The other night while partaking of fermented
     British car assembly fluid at a local establishment, I
     happened to glance up at the idiot box, and much to my
     surprise, watched a D-Type shredding around a
     racetrack, followed closely by some other LBC (perhaps
     a Morgan, however by this time I was so feverishly
     tugging at my companion's arm to look that I've
     forgotten what else there was). Any guesses at to what
     this advertisement was for ? (Answer to follow)

     And now the Spridgets for sale;
          An old friend of mine is cleaning house, and out
     of the garage emerges the following collection of
     Spridgets, now for sale as a package or separately:

     1960 Bugeye; all complete, frozen 948, ready for
     restoration.

     1962 Midget; new 1275, runner, good overall cond.

     1972 Midget parts car, 1275, bad trans.

     Plus mucho miscellaneous parts; three new master
     cylinders (polished), rebuilt carbs, boxes of goodies,
     etc.
          I am going to look these cars over closely
     tomorrow night, so if anyone's interested, let me know
     particularly what you are interested in & I'll check it
     out. I do however, have a vested interest in this
     package, and have already spoken for one of the 1275s,
     the disc brake hubs, and possibly the diff out of the
     '72.
          My friend had mentioned $3500 for everything,
     which even w/o looking, sounds like a good deal. I'll
     post the findings, as well as the name of the
     advertisement that featured racing LBCs.

          cheers-
                 dstone@sc9.intel.com