Sighting, for sale

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Sighting, for sale
From: kes@acpub.duke.edu (Ken Strayhorn Jr.)
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1993 08:38:49 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy -
        Last night I was watching a re-run of the Fox-Tv show
"Cops", the live-camera show about the daily doings of a metro
police department. The action took place in Portland, Ore, and
the officers were conducting surveillance of a drug dealer. This
was done by having officers in plain clothes drive by on
a continous basis in different cars - one of which, believe it
or not, was a green TR-6. When the time for arrests came, all
the different cars screeched into the driveway of the dealer's
house to bust all and sundry. And right in the middle was the
TR-6, top down, with two armed officers jumping over the doors
in true LBC fashion - quite a sight!
        Anyway, I have the transmission and hardtop to a Spitfire
Mk III for sale. The trans is in good shape, it was working just
fine when I took it out of the car. The hardtop needs everything,
to be honest. The glass window is in good shape, but it needs
the seal. The headliner is in poor condition as well. It is
a factory top. These two items are in the central North Carolina
area. Oh, yes, with the hardtop I am giving away the door
glass for the MkIII series, the glass with the rounded corners.
Somehow I have accumulated three pieces, plus the regulators &
frames.
        I can be emailed at kes@acpub.duke.edu or voice mail
at 919-681-8064 days and 919-929-3760 evenings.

Keep 'em on the road
Ken Strayhorn