Re: Miatas

To: pgarside@acorn.co.uk (Paul Garside)
Subject: Re: Miatas
From: miq@wv.MENTORG.COM (Miq Millman)
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 93 9:11:36 PDT
Paul Garside says:
> I have been puzzled by numerous references to Miatas, imagining exotic
> Italian or perhaps Spanish sports cars of the fifties, made exclusively for
> the US market by disgruntled ex-Ferrari or ex-Pegaso engineers (like Siata
> or Cisitslia). But they seem so common over there and unknown here, so can
> they be what we call a Mazda MX-5 (large Lotus Elan copy)?

Yes, the Mx-5 and Miata are the same beast.  Large Lotus Elan copy?  Well I
guess next to the family hauler/tow vehicle, the Miata has the most room for
the two front passengers.

4 2-seater cars is better than 2 4-seater cars.  Or as Orwell said,
"2 seats good, 4 seats bad."  or something like that.

--

Miq Millman       miq@wv.mentorg.com         miq_millman@rainbow.mentorg.com
Mentor Graphics 8005 Boeckman Rd, Wilsonville OR 97070  503 685 1492   C2148