??? Trouble Finding Paint Source ???

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: ??? Trouble Finding Paint Source ???
From: totty@flute.cs.uiuc.edu (Brian Totty)
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 93 15:42:39 CDT
After six months of gradual winter repair (rear brakes, axle, rear suspension,
swapped gearbox, new clutch, lots of little things) my Spitfire is finally
running again.

During the long winter hiatus, I decided to do some long needed body work on
the bonnet.  I was using touch-up paint from TRF for final paint.
Unfortunately, TRF is out of stock of paint now, and I have lots of primed
body work just dying for paint.

I haven't found a local place willing to mix me paint, because they don't have
the formula in their paint scheme, though there are a few stores I haven't
checked yet that carry different auto paint brands.

This all begs the question, where do you guys and gals get your paint from?

And to "sweeten the pot", I'll mail some homemade beer to the first person (in
the states, at least) who solves my paint crisis!

P.S. The color I need is "Russet Brown".  I have an empty spray can by Rover
Group which has part number PNM6O59A.  Also, I'll gladly pay a "finder's fee" &
cost if some kind soul on the other side of the pond can find some of this
and air mail it to me...

   /                       Brian Totty             o o
  /__  __  o     Department of Computer Science     o
 /  / /   /          1304 W. Springfield Ave       \_/  "We have corn in
/__/ /   /               Urbana, IL 61801                Massachusetts too!"
Gradual Student         totty@cs.uiuc.edu